Active Directory is a key skill for any IT professional / helpdesk technician and is used almost universally in large companies that have an IT helpdesk. In this active directory course, you will learn the following:
* How to manage active directory user accounts, groups and organisational units with the active directory users & computers console
* Best practices when setting and resetting active directory account passwords
* How to use the active directory search facility to easily find what you are looking for
Also, there are a couple of shortcuts included in the course which you should find useful.
Who this course is for:
- People who are just starting out in IT, i.e. Level 1 support on a service desk
- To have basic knowledge of using a computer system in general (i.e. home use)
What you'll learn:
- Creating and managing user accounts
- The difference between different types of user profiles
- The difference between local and domain accounts
- How to search for users, contacts, groups and computer objects
- Creating and managing security groups and OUs
- How security group and organisational unit (OU) nesting works
Desktop Support Engineer / Keyboard Player
IT - I've had a passion for technology from a very early age and achieved Microsoft Certified Professional status in 2004 at age 14. Over the last 5 years or so I've worked on both IT support and infrastructure support and have provided solutions to 1st line helpdesk staff on how to fix basic problems.
Music - I've been a keyboard player for around 10 years now and was part of a band from late 2008 to early 2009, which I found to be a greatly enjoyable experience and I still learn new songs when I have the time.