How would you like to be a published author by the end of the day... for free?
Welcome to the complete self-publishing guide that shows you how to do it all yourself for free. Nothing is left out of this video guide that covers everything from creating a book cover to marketing your published book.
My name is Brian Jackson and during the last 8 years I've created hundreds of book covers and published well over 100 books. In this course I'll explain the entire process to you allowing you to quickly become a published author given nothing more than a finished manuscript.
This course covers:
Fast and easy, create a free professional quality book cover using the Canva online graphic design tool and free images from Pixabay. All you need is a web browser to have a finished book cover in under 10 minutes. The process I demonstrate utilizes free Canva Kindle book cover themes to quickly create professional quality book covers including free images from Pixabay.
Format Your Manuscript
Quickly format your manuscript for Amazon publication using Microsoft Word 2010 or beyond (Word 2016 running on Windows 10 is demonstrated). Learn both traditional style and use the free Kindle Create Word plugin to format your manuscript. Following my detailed instructions guarantees a polished finished product. The process I demonstrate ultimately augments the use of the free Kindle Create Microsoft Word plugin with traditional formatting techniques to produce very clean manuscripts that are a pleasure to read.
Self-publish on Amazon
Self-publish your book in minutes on Amazon in Kindle and Print on Demand (POD) paperback formats using the free Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) web-based interface. Note that you can publish paperbacks via KDP or use the traditional method of switching to CreateSpace. Once complete, you're a published author, but that doesn't mean that your done...
Market Your Book
Take the first steps toward marketing your book for free to become an Amazon bestseller. Make money and friends as you gain readership.
And the whole process is free because you do it yourself. Given a finished manuscript, a copy of Microsoft Word 2010 or later and a web browser you can become a published author by the end of the day.
In fact, I'm embarrassed to have to admit that purchasing this course could be your greatest expense... though I assure you it's well worth any reasonable cost considering the money and time you'll save to become a published author today!
Mac users should be aware that the Kindle Create method is currently only available on Windows. However, the traditional method is my preferred method anyway ;-).
Don't forget the 30-day no questions asked money back guarantee. If you're not happy with the course, just return it. So, there's no risk involved. That should make your choice a no-brainer.
I'll see you in the classroom,
Student Will Learn:
- You'll be able to self-publishing your manuscript on Amazon Kindle and paperback for free
- You'll be able to create a free professional looking book cover using Canva
- You'll be able to market your book to get readers
- You'll require a finished book manuscript that has been copy edited
- You'll require a copy of Microsoft Word 2010 or later to format your manuscript
- You'll require a web browser to create a Canva book cover and publish via KDP
- Anyone with a finished manuscript wanting to self-publish their book for free
- Anyone needing to create a free professional looking book cover
- Anyone wanting to market their published book using proven techniques
- Fundamentals of Book Cover Design
- Addendum: Book Cover Design and Download JPG/PNG
- Using Free Canva Themes and Pixabay Images to Create a Book Cover
- Canva From a Blank Page Up
- Canva Advanced Techniques
- Self-publishing Options
- Traditional Document Formatting Part 1
- Traditional Document Formatting Part 2
- Install the Kindle Create Microsoft Word Plugin
- Format Your Manuscript Using Kindle Create
- More Formatting, Table of Contents and Preview
- Publish Your Book in Kindle Format Using KDP
- Copywrite Your Amazon Book Description
- Publish Your Book in Print on Demand (POD) Paperback Format Using KDP
- Book Review Process, Approval and Monitoring
- Addendum: Creating a Paperback Book Cover in KDP
- 10 Book Marketing Tips (Part 1)
- 10 Book Marketing Tips (Part 2)
- Additional Book Marketing Tips
- Websites, Mailing Lists, Amazon Bestseller Categories, Author Central, GoodReads
- Update on KDP Select Free Promotions (7/20/2018)
- Update on KDP Select Free Promotions (8/24/2018)
- Create a Free Book Cover Using the GIMP
- Create a Free Book Cover Using PowerPoint
- Create a Free Book Cover Using Canva
- Create a Free Book Cover Using Canva/Pixabay
- Format Your Manuscript (Traditional) Part 1
- Format Your Manuscript (Traditional) Part 2
- What's Next?
Author, Publisher and Educator
I was born the middle of the last century in Los Angeles, California.
After moving for a time to the Silicon Valley, I graduated from Humboldt State University amid the redwoods of Northern California.
Two weeks after graduation I was working as a computer systems programmer for Lockheed Missiles and Space (LMSC) back in the Silicon Valley. Two months after that and I was married as I have been happily ever since (for 38 years).
After 14 years at Lockheed I moved from working on IBM mainframes to using PCs running the Unix operating system and encountered a thing called the Internet. Cisco Systems seemed to be the right place to work, so I joined the company as their 650th employee. Eleven years later Cisco had grown to over 20,000 employees.
I retired at the age of 48 and instantly became bored!
Throughout my professional career I'd always enjoyed both writing and providing technical training. So, I attended creative writing classes at my local junior college and began to write.
I managed to write and self-publish a handful of books, but things didn't take off until my wife, Melanie Jackson, an established author with a New York company, left traditional publishing to join me in self-publishing.
In 8 years, from 2010 to now, Melanie and I have made half-a-million dollars self-publishing well over 100 books. I also managed to record a pair of audiobooks for Amazon and Audible sale.
By 2014, our rapid rise to Kindle fame had already dwindled. I decided to pursue my second passion of giving training presentations.
Since 2014 I've published over 40+ online video training courses for training sites such as Udemy and SkillShare. My goal is to provide low cost high quality screen cast based educational material focusing on my areas of expertise; namely, self-publishing and book cover design using the GIMP. I continue to expand my video training catalog while focusing some energy on resurrecting our flagging book sales using various marketing techniques. Finally, I spend a portion of my time maintaining both my website and my wife’s website, which was developed using WordPress.
I currently live in the beautiful California wine country with my lovely wife and Butterscotch the cat.
I'll see you in the classroom,
Brian Jackson 25 Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying 25 Brian Jackson courses for life.
Writing and Self-publishing Forever Bundle
Unlock this bundle today for life to learn writing and self-publishing on Uthena.