In this course you will learn drawing and painting using Clip Studio Paint Pro or Ex (formerly Manga Studio 5), the most powerful illustration, manga and comic book software available today. Using my simplified techniques, you will learn to draw and paint like you never thought possible. All the way from sketching a basic concept through production and distribution of your finished work, this course will teach you everything you need to know to realize your full artistic potential.
Master Clip Studio Paint, drawing and painting techniques and the digital illustration workflow simply and easily and all in a single course:
- Learn to draw quick and sloppy sketches using a tablet and stylus
- Use 3D pose-able reference models to draw scenes containing human figures
- Ink your drawing flawlessly using modifiable direct draw vector lines
- Color flat your illustration with the simple click of a mouse
- Add color to increase the realism of your illustration
- Shade and Highlight your artwork to add form and dimension while staying with the lines
- Create simple gradient backgrounds
- Draw complex 3D architecture using perspective rulers
- Letter, bubble and tail your work with ease
- Produce and distribute your work for free or for sale on Amazon
- Learn how to format and publish comic books
Gain experience with Clip Studio Paint's most useful features while learning the fundamental drawing and painting techniques most critical for beginner success.
This course manages to remain all inclusive while focusing on the software features and drawing techniques you need to know to become a superior digital artist. It is intended to teach those new to digital art everything they need to know to produce stunning results within hours.
At the same time, this course is easy to digest and provides a structured learning experience to insure speedy results. Section workshops and projects are provided to demonstrate each technique taught and offer you an opportunity to perform each technique yourself to demonstrate your proficiency with the subject.
I designed this digital art course to be easily understood by absolute beginners. That said, after completing the course you will be fully proficient with Clip Studio Paint and digital art and fully conversant in digital art tools and techniques.
All this sounds expensive, doesn't it? But it's not. Clip Studio Paint can be had for a free 30-day trial ($29 on sale) and an inexpensive drawing tablet is optional. This course supplies the knowledge at a reasonable price.
In this course students will learn the fundamentals of digital art using Clip Studio Paint. Short cuts and simplified techniques are used to streamline the illustration workflow while retaining the quality of your work.
After taking this course you will be a better artist.
So, enroll now to get started. Remember that we provide a 30-day no questions asked money back guarantee that makes your decision a no-brainer.
I hope to see you in the classroom soon,
What Students Will Learn:
- To use Clip Studio Paint essentials to produce complex art from simple techniques
- Drawing fundamentals focusing on digital drawing using both tablet and mouse
- Digital illustration workflow
- Recording your thoughts through simple crude sketches capturing the essence of an illustration
- Drawing from 3D pose-able reference models
- How to pull direct draw vector lines to produce smooth lines of varying thickness
- Color flatting, coloring, shading, highlighting and shadows
- Creating simple backgrounds from gradients
- Using 3D perspective rulers to draw background architecture
- Finished illustration production and distribution
- Comic book creation and sale on Amazon
- Possess a relatively modern Mac or PC
- Acquire a Clip Studio Paint Pro 30-day free trial license (if not on sale for $29)
- An inexpensive drawing tablet can be useful during the sketching phase
- Any student wanting to learn to draw
- Any student interested in digital art
- Any student who's heard about and is curious about Clip Studio Paint
- Anyone wanting to produce and distribute professional quality comic books
- Anyone looking for easy shortcuts available through the use of drawing software
- Introduction to Tools FREE PREVIEW
- Computer Requirements
- Selecting the Perfect Graphics Tablet
- 2019 Addendum: Tablet Requirements, Selection and Installation
- Software Selection and Installation
- Tools Section Project: Gather Your Drawing Environment
- Conclusion to Tools
- Introduction to Setup
- Software Screen Setup
- Manually Recreating My Screen Layout
- Tablet Setup with Clip Studio Paint Including Buttons and Finger Gestures
- Software Performance Tuning
- Setup Section Project: Configure Your Work Environment
- Conclusion to Setup
- Introduction to Clip Studio Paint Fundamentals
- Starting Clip Studio Paint
- Screen Layout and Configuration
- New, Save, Open, Close, Export and Quit
- Simply Drawing Using a Digital Pen
- Eraser, Undo and Clear Layer
- Zooming and Panning Your View
- Clip Studio Paint Fundamentals Section Workshop
- Clip Studio Paint Fundamentals Section Project: Draw Something
- Conclusion to Clip Studio Paint Fundamentals
- Introduction to Drawing Fundamentals
- Drawing Lines
- Drawing Curves
- Drawing Circles and Ovals
- Drawing 3D Cylinders
- Connecting Your Basic Shapes
- Drawing Contour Lines
- Drawing 3D Cubes and Rectangles
- Drawing Fundamentals Section Workshop
- Drawing Fundamentals Section Project: Draw the Basic Shapes
- Conclusion to Drawing Fundamentals
- Painting Techniques and Styles
- Drawing and Painting Workflow
- Introduction to Sketching
- Creating a Project, Page and Panel
- Creating and Organizing Layers
- Pencils, Pens and Paint Brushes
- Lasso Selection, Moving, Rotating and Deleting
- Deemphasizing the Sketch Layer
- Sketching Section Workshop
- Sketching Section Project: Sketch a Scene
- Conclusion to Sketching
- Using 3D Reference Models
- 3D Reference Models Section Project: Make a Scene
- Introduction to Inking
- Raster vs Vector Inking Layers
- Direct Draw Tools
- Simplifying and Smoothing Vector Lines
- Modifying Vector Lines
- Varying Line Thickness
- Erasing Vector Layer Draw Throughs
- Inking Section Workshop
- Inking Section Project: Ink Your Foreground Work
- Conclusion to Inking
- Introduction to Color Flatting
- Creating Color Layers
- Autoselecting Regions
- Using the Bucket Fill Tool
- Color Flatting Section Workshop
- Color Flatting Section Project: Color Flat Your Work
- Conclusion to Color Flatting
- Introduction to Painting, Shading and Highlighting
- Reference Layers
- Spraying On Shading, Highlighting and Shadows
- Addendum: One More Try
- Painting, Shading and Highlighting Section Workshop
- Painting, Shading and Highlighting Section Project: Shade & Highlight Your Work
- Conclusion to Painting, Shading and Highlighting
- New Clip Studio Paint 1.6.4 Auto-coloring Option
- Introduction to Backgrounds
- Options for Creating Backgrounds
- Flash, Decoration and Saturation Tools
- Backgrounds Section Workshop
- Backgrounds Section Project: Add a Background to Your Work
- Conclusion to Backgrounds
- Introduction to Perspective Rulers
- Perspective Ruler
- Drawing with Perspective
- Drawing with 1 Point Perspective
- Drawing with 2 Point Perspective
- Perspective Rulers Section Project: Draw a Wall in Two Point Perspective
- Conclusion to Perspective Rulers
- Introduction to Lettering
- Adding and Manipulating Text
- Adding Fonts From the Internet
- Balloons FREE PREVIEW
- Lettering Section Workshop
- Lettering Section Project: Title Your Work
- Conclusion to Lettering
- Saving and Exporting
- Production Section Project: Produce and Share Your Work
- Introduction to Comics
- Creating a Comic Page with Panels
- Working with Multiple Pages in Clip Studio Paint Ex
- Comic Production and Distribution
- Comics Section Workshop
- Comics Section Project: Produce a Comic Page
- Conclusion to Comics
- Symmetry and Special Rulers
- Layer Lock Transparent Pixels
- Body Proportions (Part 1)
- Body Proportions (Part 2)
- Melanie Jackson's First Tablet Drawing Experience (sketch only)
- Course in Review
- What's Next
Author, Publisher and Educator
I was born the middle of the last century in Los Angeles, California.
After moving for a time to the Silicon Valley, I graduated from Humboldt State University amid the redwoods of Northern California.
Two weeks after graduation I was working as a computer systems programmer for Lockheed Missiles and Space (LMSC) back in the Silicon Valley. Two months after that and I was married as I have been happily ever since (for 38 years).
After 14 years at Lockheed I moved from working on IBM mainframes to using PCs running the Unix operating system and encountered a thing called the Internet. Cisco Systems seemed to be the right place to work, so I joined the company as their 650th employee. Eleven years later Cisco had grown to over 20,000 employees.
I retired at the age of 48 and instantly became bored!
Throughout my professional career I'd always enjoyed both writing and providing technical training. So, I attended creative writing classes at my local junior college and began to write.
I managed to write and self-publish a handful of books, but things didn't take off until my wife, Melanie Jackson, an established author with a New York company, left traditional publishing to join me in self-publishing.
In 8 years, from 2010 to now, Melanie and I have made half-a-million dollars self-publishing well over 100 books. I also managed to record a pair of audiobooks for Amazon and Audible sale.
By 2014, our rapid rise to Kindle fame had already dwindled. I decided to pursue my second passion of giving training presentations.
Since 2014 I've published over 40+ online video training courses for training sites such as Udemy and SkillShare. My goal is to provide low cost high quality screen cast based educational material focusing on my areas of expertise; namely, self-publishing and book cover design using the GIMP. I continue to expand my video training catalog while focusing some energy on resurrecting our flagging book sales using various marketing techniques. Finally, I spend a portion of my time maintaining both my website and my wife’s website, which was developed using WordPress.
I currently live in the beautiful California wine country with my lovely wife and Butterscotch the cat.
I'll see you in the classroom,
Brian Jackson 25 Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying 25 Brian Jackson courses for life.
Graphic Design Forever Bundle
Unlock this bundle today for life to learn graphic design on Uthena.