- Welcome to the email marketing course filmed in May 2016 and 2017!
- What is exciting that you can do with using course?
- What am I doing a year later with my email marketing?
- Having users create an account makes getting an email much easier!
- A fast website makes email signups a LOT easier!
- Facebook ads with a video to an account sign up make easy list building
- What have I done with my own email marketing? $100,000+ earned via Udemy.
- The most important part of effective email marketing is delivering value.
- What mistakes have I made with email marketing? A lot!
- Surprise! The WEBSITE is the most critical component of great email marketing.
- Before collecting emails, I chose a service provider that meets my needs.
- To effectively collect emails, I need help testing different forms and pages.
- What do you get in the website basics section?
- For my domain name, I use my name because that stays the same.
- WordPress is the content management system I use to create my website.
- 3 hosting providers that work great with WordPress for a low cost.
- The majority of the work comes from making blog posts worth reading.
- For my WordPress theme I picked one I liked from another website.
- Starting by making signup forms on my WordPress website.
- One more reason to have a great website- what do I usually do on a landing page?
- I am making my new list with MailChimp because that is how I made my last one.
- MailChimp cost- free for under 2,000 subscribers!
- Which MailChimp plan I am using?
- Read the TOS before sending an email or get your account suspended.
- Campaigns in MailChimp are emails I have sent.
- Templates are the outlines I can use to send emails.
- Lists are collections of email addresses I can send emails to.
- Reports are where I see the results of my campaigns to lists.
- Automation is where I can setup emails to be sent automatically.
- API keys allow me to integrate with WordPress, LeadPages, etc.
- How to add users to my MailChimp account to help with sending emails.
- How to create a new email list in MailChimp.
- How to edit the text on the opt in email.
- How to set the double opt in welcome offer page.
- Using a page on my WordPress website to provide the offer redemption.
- Forget about making the page ultra secret and handle problems as they come up.
- Making the free offer in the same format as future offers.
- Adding a Facebook conversion tracking pixel to my page.
- Setting up conversion tracking with Google AdWords and "all converters."
- Using affiliate links with claiming the free offer.
- Explaining what to expect next as a subscriber.
- Examples of squeeze pages, capture pages, and registration pages in LeadPages.
- LeadPages makes trial and error simple for building better email capture pages.
- How I choose a template to get started with making a new landing page.
- A simple test to make sure everything is working before continuing!
- Power User Tips! Know what you need beforehand and test as soon as possible!
- LeadPages pricing options.
- Introduction to customizing templates and saving a landing page.
- Managing integrations in Leadpages by connecting with an email provider.
- Setting the thank you page as the conversion goal page in LeadPages.
- Setting up a thank you page for double opt in.
- An overview of my entire email system with ideas on what I need to create.
- Building a landing page with another free offer for the email list.
- Live tutorial! Creating an email template to get opens and clicks to my website.
- Review and preview of my simple email template.
- Sending my first email to my new list using my template.
- Understanding and reporting the results of my first email.
- Google AdWords is #1 for keeping users coming back
- Thank you for finishing my email marketing class! What next?