What are the chart types I will learn in this course?
Excel offers the following major chart types. All of these are covered in this course
- Column Chart
- Line Chart
- Pie Chart
- Doughnut Chart
- Bar Chart
- Area Chart
- XY (Scatter) Chart
- Bubble Chart
- Stock Chart
- Surface Chart
- Radar Chart
- Combo Chart
- Pivot Chart
And many other creative ones :)
How are charts useful in Excel?
A chart is a tool you can use in Excel to communicate data graphically. Charts allow your audience to see the meaning behind the numbers, and they make showing comparisons and trends much easier.
What are the benefits of using charts in Excel?
Excel charts allow spreadsheet administrators to create visualizations of data sets. By highlighting a set of data within an Excel spreadsheet and feeding it into the charting tool, users can easily create various types of charts in which the data is displayed in a graphical way.
This course will answer all the questions that would pop up while you set to visualize your data using Excel charts such as:
How do you make Excel charts look better?
How do you format a chart in Excel?
What are the different elements of charts?
How do I make those awesome infographics that I see in fancy magazines and TV reports?
How do I create a comparison chart in Excel?
What is the best chart to use for comparison?
And many more...
How is this course different from other resources available online?
Most courses only cover only teach how to draw different types of charts in Excel. The main point is missed. The main point of creating a chart is that you want to convey a message or tell a story using the chart. In this course, once you have learnt all the charting tools, you will also learn how you should create a chart. How you can highlight your message and avoid clutter in the chart, so that when your audience looks at the chart, the message is clearly conveyed to them.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone curious to master charts in excel from beginner to advanced in short span of time
- You will need a PC with any version of Excel installed in it
- Basic understanding of Excel operations like opening, closing and saving a file
What you'll learn:
- Learn the techniques to communicate clear and concise message through your charts
- Learn how to create 25+ chart types in Excel
- Learn by Doing. Course comes with numerous exerises sheets to practice learnt concepts
- Master the art of creating impactful Excel charts
- Get familiar with all the elements of charts in Excel
- Become proficient in using powerful tools such as pivot tables and pivot charts
- Master newly introduced chart types such as sunburst, treemap and waterfall chart
- Learn how to create cool infographics to represent data
- 001 Welcome to the Course FREE PREVIEW
- 002 Why are charts used
- 003 Categories of messages that can be conveyed
- 004 Elements of charts
- 005 The Easy way of creating charts
- Course Resources
- 006 Bar and column charts
- 007 Formating charts
- 009 Best Practices Bar Chart
- 010 Line Charts
- 011 Avoiding the Spaghetti plot
- 013 Area Charts
- 014 Pie and Doughnut Charts
- 015 Why we should avoid Pie charts
- 017 Scatter plot or XY chart
- 019 Frequency Distribution and Histograms
- 021 Waterfall chart
- 023 Hierarchy Charts Sunburst and Treemap
- 025 Combination charts
- 027 Highlighting chart message
- 028 Eliminating Distractions from the Graph
- 029 Avoiding clutter
- 030 Pivot Charts
- 031 Pivot Table Basics
- 033 Stock charts
- 034 Radar charts
- 035 Surface charts
- 036 Heatmaps
- 037 Mini charts Sparklines
- 040 Creative Infographic 2
- 039 Creative Infographic 1
A technology-based analytics education company
Founded by Abhishek Bansal and Pukhraj Parikh, Start-Tech Academy is a technology-based analytics education company and aims at bringing together the analytics companies and interested Learners.
Our top quality training content along with internships and project opportunities helps students in launching their Analytics journey.
Working as a Project manager in an Analytics consulting firm, Pukhraj has multiple years of experience working on analytics tools and software. He is competent in MS office suites, Cloud computing, SQL, Tableau, SAS, Google analytics and Python.
Abhishek worked as an Acquisition Process owner in a leading telecom company before moving on to learning and teaching technologies like Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Start-Tech Academy Forever All Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying every Start-Tech Academy course for life including every course uploaded so far and all future courses!