Using MVC, Entity Framework, and ASP.NET Scaffolding, we will go through building a small school management system while learning key concepts in ASP.NET MVC development. This course will show you how to leverage MVC's Scaffolding features to quickly construct data driven html pages and how to write queries to the database using .NET's famed Entity Framework with C#.
Why Learn .NET MVC
Microsoft .NET is the platform that drives the business technology of many of the top corporations in the United States and many other countries. It is the predominant technology used to drive enterprise-scale business technology. Companies have chosen .NET because for its proven scalability, reliability, and support.
The .NET language of choice to learn is C#, as it is among the most widely used languages today. It’s a general purpose programming language that can handle almost any problem, from desktop to mobile to dynamic web applications. As such, there is a high demand across the world for .NET developers in a variety of industries, so that means that more jobs are available for candidates with a foundation built upon .NET technologies.
About This Course
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Build a fully data driven web application
- Understand the MVC Folder Structure
- Add Data models to your project using Entity Framework
- Write basic LINQ queries
- Understand how Models, Views and Controllers combine to facilitate a web application
- Understand Razor Syntax in views
- Understand C# Model Classes
- Understand how to add views and actions to a controller
- Upload a project to GitHub
- Manage Packages in an MVC Project
- User JQuery and tools to increase interactivity and animations on the interface.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner .NET Developers seeking to explore modern website development methods
- Intermediate .Net Developers seeking more answers
- A Reliable Internet Connection
- A desire to learn
What you'll learn:
- Data Driven Web Application Development
- How to manipulate data using Entity Framework
- How to use Bootstrap
- An understanding of the .Net MVC Application Development Flow
- Visual Studio 2017/2019 Community Edition
- How to use JQuery, JQueryUI and AJAX
- How To Connect to and Use GitHub
- How to Manage Packages in a .NET Project
Create ASP.Net MVC ProjectFREE PREVIEW
Setup DatabaseFREE PREVIEW
Add Entity Framework Data Model
Tour of Folder Structure and How to Add Views
Scaffolding Adding Controller and Views
Managing Database Changes
Customizing a View - Bootstrap
Customizing a View - Additional Data
Add Data Validations to Forms
Understanding Authentication Functionality
Adding User Data Points
Control User Access
Adding Roles and Authorizations
Add Project to GitHub
Understanding Package Management
Add Lecturer and Enrollment Management Modules
Implement JQueryUI Autocomplete
Create An JQuery/Ajax Form
Partial View and Data Refresh
Software Engineer and part time lecturer
I am a Software Engineer and part time lecturer.
With a Master's Degree in Computer Science, I have spent over a decade teaching Web, Software and Database Development Courses. I also have as much industry experience in Web Application Development and Azure Cloud System and Server Administration.
I enjoy teaching IT and Development courses and hope to impart the latest in industry standards and knowledge to my students.
Trevoir Williams Forever All Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying every Trevoir Williams course for life including every course uploaded so far and all future courses!