Would you like to get a job in the field of IT? Do you want to become a Linux system administrator but don’t know where to get started? In this course we will begin by covering the very basics of using the Linux operating system, and move on to the advanced system and networking skills necessary to become a Linux administrator! We will cover the following topics in this course:
Command line usage
Development tools including choosing an IDE
Complete Meteor.js web project
LAMP stack setup and app deployment
Enroll now to receive 7.5+ hours of HD video tutorials, lifetime access, and a certificate of completion!
This course is fully subtitled in English.
If you are not convinced, here are a few of the glowing reviews this course has received.
"Course starts out with basic commands and works through more advanced commands as it progresses. The course then goes through add on software and applications following demonstrates basic usages of that application. It was easy to follow along on my personal install of Ubuntu by pausing/review the tutorial as needed. I suggest this method than just sitting and watching the course all the way through. This course is much easier than just reading books. Recommend to friends who just started out in Ubuntu."
"Great explanations. Great teacher."
"It's still early in the course but I've learned a lot. Great job so far."
Thank you for taking the time to read this and we hope to see you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to get started using Linux
- Students interested in learning web development
- Student who would like to work as a Linux system administrator
- No previous experience or skills are required to get started with this course
What you'll learn:
- Install Linux on their system
- Feel comfortable using the command line interface
- Setup an integrated development an environment
- Install GitHub and setup a repository
- Develop a web application using Meteor.js
- Setup a LAMP stack and deploy a web app
- Manage users on a Linux system
- Get started as a Linux system administrator!
- Introduction to Linux. FREE PREVIEW
- Linux distributions explained.
- VirtualBox installation and virtual machine setup.
- Ubuntu Linux installation in a virtual machine.
- Ubuntu Linux setup in a virtual machine continued.
- First boot-up into Linux.
- VirtualBox Guest Additions
- Ubuntu desktop customization.
- Unity Tweak Tool.
- Installing Linux alongside Windows (dual boot).
- Dual boot setup continued.
- Introduction to the Linux command line interface (CLI).
- Navigating directories with the ls command.
- Administrator privileges in terminal.
- Using the package manager to install new applications.
- Searching through the repositories to find new applications to download.
- Installing packages which are not located in the repositores.
- Keeping programs updated via terminal.
- File permissions and ownership explained.
- File permissions and ownership continued.
- Creating new files using the touch command.
- Creating new directories and moving files.
- Copying, renaming and removing files.
- The find command and it's practical uses.
- The find command and it's practical uses continued.
- Find command final thoughts.
- Using the grep command to find information within files.
- Using grep in conjunction with the find command.
- How to redirect the output of a command.
- Using the top command to view applications in real time.
- Viewing the entire list of open processes and closing applications via terminal.
- Services explained.
- Configuring services via terminal.
- Using crontabs to schedule tasks.
- Crontab practical applications.
- Choosing an integrated development environment (IDE).
- Eclipse installation and setup.
- PyCharm installation and setup.
- PyCharm installation problem resolved.
- GitHub installation and how to setup a repository.
- How to push and pull information from our repository.
- How to remove and ignore directories in our repository.
- How to resolve merge conflicts.
- How to setup and manage branches.
- Correction from previous lecture.
- Getting started with Meteor.
- Setting up our Meteor project.
- Setting up our router and React components.
- Watch as our Meteor project begins to take form!
- Getting into the programming of our Meteor app.
- Rendering our blog posts.
- Putting the finishing touches on our Meteor app.
- Apache 2, PHP 5 and MySQL setup.
- Server configuration.
- Linux hosts file.
- Deploying our Meteor to our Apache 2 server.
- Setting up our MongoDB NoSQL database.
- Setting up our virtual host.
- Using a shell script to set our environment variables.
- Installing and configuring phpMyAdmin.
- Let's take a tour around the phpMyAdmin panel.
- Creating a basic virtual host.
- Setting up a WordPress installation on top of our Apache 2 environment.
- Before using WordPress we need to setup our database.
- Python installation and command line interface.
- Python's practical applications.
- Adding and removing users through the graphical user interface (GUI).
- Adding new users through terminal.
- How to delete users through terminal.
- How to change an exsisting user's password.
- Adding users to a group and why this is valuable.
- Introduction to networking.
- How does the internet work?
- What is a local area network?
- Practical networking commands.
- Practical networking commands continued.
- Using netstat to track detailed network statistics.
- An in-depth look at the Linux hosts file.
- Linux hosts file continued.
- Using traceroute to track the servers a request passes through.
- Using network mapper to track the activity on your network.
- Network mapper continued.
- Using SSH to access the command line of a remote host.
- Using SFTP to transfer files to and from machines.
- Setting up an SSH host on our local machine.
- Using the man command to learn about the programs on your machine.
The digital age is upon us. Would you like to build/protect the systems that shape our future?
I am here on Uthena to produce valuable educational resources for students who wish to learn skills related to information technology, network security, programming languages and much more. Enroll in one of my courses for a practical, down to earth approach to learning.
JTDigital Courses Forever Bundle!
This bundle includes every technology course listed on the website by Joseph Delgadillo, Jerry Banfield, Nick Germaine and Ermin Kreponic! You will receive new courses as we publish them after a one time payment!