MailChimp Mailing Lists, Newsletters, and Subscribers… Oh My
MailChimp is a free mailing list maintenance system that also provides a web based interface to creating professional looking emails to be sent to those lists. This course guides you through the use of Mailchimp from defining a simple mailing list to creating and sending your first email.
See How to Increase Your Business Through Targeted Email Campaigns
This course is primarily focused on teaching you how to use the Mailchimp web based interface to create, maintain, and analyze your mailing lists and email campaigns. However, it also provides important insight into what to include in your newsletters and how to establish personal relationships with your most important customers.
Let Me Be Your Guide…
Mailchimp is pretty easy to use, but you still might appreciate a guiding hand as you begin to use the tool to build your business in exciting new directions.
What Students Will Learn:
- Create a Mail Chimp account, build your first mailing list, and mount your first email campaign.
- Learn simple ways to advertise your mailing list.
- Recieve guidance on building a business around your mailing lists.
- A working web browser
- People who need to produce a newsletter or are interested in using email for marketing.
- People who would like to expand their online business presence to include email promotion.
- Introduction to Creating a MailChimp Account
- New MailChimp Look-and-Feel (11/7/2018)
- Creating a MailChimp Account
- Creating a MailChimp Account Section Workshop
- Creating a MailChimp Account Project
- Conclusion to Creating a MailChimp Account
- Introduction to Building a Mailing List
- Creating a List
- Importing a List
- Subscription Web Interface
- Double Opt In vs Single Opt In
- Enabling Required Field Display
- Promoting Your Mailing List
- Building a Mailing List Section Workshop
- Building a Mailing List Section Project
- Summary of Building a Mailing List
- Introduction to Mounting an Email Campaign
- Creating a Template Pt. 1
- Creating a Template Pt. 2
- Creating an Email Campaign Pt. 1
- Creating an Email Campaign Pt. 2
- Sending Your First Email
- Why Templates Are Optional
- Free Images at Pixabay
- Mounting an Email Campaign Section Workshop
- Mounting an Email Campaign Section Project
- Summary of Mounting an Email Campaign
- Introduction to Managing Your Mailing Lists and Campaigns
- Open, Click, and User Reports
- Creating List Segments
- Fine Tuning Your Campaigns
- MailChimp Subscriptions
- Managing Your Mailing Lists and Campaigns Section Project
- Summary of Managing Your Mailing Lists and Campaigns
- Introduction to Additional Thoughts
- Adding a MailChimp Sign Up Form to a Wordpress Website
- Advertising Your Mailing List in Your Book (5/2017)
- A/B Split Testing for Free on MailChimp (6/2017)
- How to Craft a Better Email Message (6/2017)
- Facebook and Twitter Integration (6/2017)
- Additional Thoughts Section Project
- Summary of Additional Thoughts
- Odds and Ends
- My Course Catalog at a Glance (5/2017)
- What now...
- Introduction to Creating Mailing List Signup Squeeze Pages
- Sample Mailing List Sign Up Squeeze Pages
- Using FunnelKit Go to Create a Squeeze Page
- Add an Opt-in Form to Your Squeeze Page
- Configuring MailChimp to Use Your Squeeze Pages
- How to Sell on Your Mailing List: Free Stuff and the 80/20 Rule
- Creating Mailing List Signup Squeeze Pages Section Project
- Summary of Creating Mailing List Sign Up Squeeze Pages
- Introduction to Free MailChimp Automation (AutoResponder)
- Overview of the Free MailChimp AutoResponder (5/2017)
- Sample AutoResponder Email Contents (5/2017)
- AutoResponder Example (5/2017)
- Free MailChimp Automation (AutoResponder) Section Project
- Summary of Free MailChimp Automation (AutoResponder)
- The End
Author, Publisher and Educator
I was born the middle of the last century in Los Angeles, California.
After moving for a time to the Silicon Valley, I graduated from Humboldt State University amid the redwoods of Northern California.
Two weeks after graduation I was working as a computer systems programmer for Lockheed Missiles and Space (LMSC) back in the Silicon Valley. Two months after that and I was married as I have been happily ever since (for 38 years).
After 14 years at Lockheed I moved from working on IBM mainframes to using PCs running the Unix operating system and encountered a thing called the Internet. Cisco Systems seemed to be the right place to work, so I joined the company as their 650th employee. Eleven years later Cisco had grown to over 20,000 employees.
I retired at the age of 48 and instantly became bored!
Throughout my professional career I'd always enjoyed both writing and providing technical training. So, I attended creative writing classes at my local junior college and began to write.
I managed to write and self-publish a handful of books, but things didn't take off until my wife, Melanie Jackson, an established author with a New York company, left traditional publishing to join me in self-publishing.
In 8 years, from 2010 to now, Melanie and I have made half-a-million dollars self-publishing well over 100 books. I also managed to record a pair of audiobooks for Amazon and Audible sale.
By 2014, our rapid rise to Kindle fame had already dwindled. I decided to pursue my second passion of giving training presentations.
Since 2014 I've published over 40+ online video training courses for training sites such as Udemy and SkillShare. My goal is to provide low cost high quality screen cast based educational material focusing on my areas of expertise; namely, self-publishing and book cover design using the GIMP. I continue to expand my video training catalog while focusing some energy on resurrecting our flagging book sales using various marketing techniques. Finally, I spend a portion of my time maintaining both my website and my wife’s website, which was developed using WordPress.
I currently live in the beautiful California wine country with my lovely wife and Butterscotch the cat.
I'll see you in the classroom,
Brian Jackson 25 Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying 25 Brian Jackson courses for life.
Marketing Utilities Forever Bundle
Unlock this bundle today for life to learn marketing utilities on Uthena.