Are you a self-published author? Do you want to be?
Whether you're a self-published author or maybe you want to be, there's one issue you'll eventually have to face:
Your Book Cover
Are you currently paying too much for your book covers? Or maybe you just don't want to be.
Learn to create your own book covers for no more than a dollar per cover using Microsoft PowerPoint 2013/2016.
It's fun. It's easy. And it's cheap.
In this course, you'll learn to use the basics of Microsoft PowerPoint 2013/2016 to create stunning, professional looking book covers in no time at all and with little or no expense. You'll learn:
- How to set the proper orientation and dimensions for your book cover
- How to apply a background image to your book cover
- Inserting and manipulating text
- Using colored boxes to make your text stand out
- Inserting pictures to make your cover shine
Can it really be that simple? Yes, it really is that simple.
So, what are you waiting for? We offer a 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee if you're not satisfied. So start learning to make your own book covers today -- the fast and easy way.
What Students Will Learn:
- Learn the fundamentals of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Create professional looking book covers with ease
- Use of PowerPoint is demonstrated on a Windows PC
- You should have licensed and installed Microsoft PowerPoint
- Self-published author looking to create book covers easily
- Self-published authors who need inexpensive book covers
- Getting Started: Creating, Layout, Saving and Exporting FREE PREVIEW
- Addendum: Setting PowerPoint Export Resolution to 300 DPI FREE PREVIEW
- Addendum: Setting PowerPoint 2013 Export Resolution to 300 DPI on Windows 8.1
- Addendum: Setting PowerPoint 2016 Export Resolution to 300 DPI
- Choosing a Background for Your Book Cover
- Inserting and Configuring Text Boxes
- Duplicating and Manipulating Text Boxes
- Inserting and Configuring Colored Boxes
- Grouping and Ungrouping Elements
- Inserting Pictures and a Second Sample Book Cover Pt. 1
- Inserting Pictures and a Second Sample Book Cover Pt. 2
- All the Places to Find PowerPoint Commands
- Introduction to Advanced PowerPoint Image and Text Editing
- Book Cover Versions, Multiple Book Covers and Exporting
- Resizing, Positioning, Rotating, Flipping and Cropping Images
- Removing Image Backgrounds to Produce Image Silhouettes
- Removing Image Insets to Produce Image Frames
- Stacking Image Layers and Controlling Image Layer Stacking Order
- Working with Individual Images and Grouping Slide Elements
- Applying Artistic Effects, Color and Corrections, Picture Styles and Effects
- More About Text and Fonts
- The Big Cover Image Project Example
- Bonus Lecture: PowerPoint Slide Animation
- Bonus Lecture: Draw Any Shape in PowerPoint Pt. 1
- Bonus Lecture: Draw Any Shape in PowerPoint Pt. 2
- Challenge #1 from RAD Pt. 1
- Challenge #1 from RAD Pt. 2
- Challenge #2 from Don Pt. 1
- Challenge #2 from Don Pt. 2
- Challenge #3 from Mary Pt. 1
- Challenge #3 from Mary Pt. 2
- Challenge #3 from Mary Pt. 3
- The following are course resources downloadable from lecture 2.
Author, Publisher and Educator
I was born the middle of the last century in Los Angeles, California.
After moving for a time to the Silicon Valley, I graduated from Humboldt State University amid the redwoods of Northern California.
Two weeks after graduation I was working as a computer systems programmer for Lockheed Missiles and Space (LMSC) back in the Silicon Valley. Two months after that and I was married as I have been happily ever since (for 38 years).
After 14 years at Lockheed I moved from working on IBM mainframes to using PCs running the Unix operating system and encountered a thing called the Internet. Cisco Systems seemed to be the right place to work, so I joined the company as their 650th employee. Eleven years later Cisco had grown to over 20,000 employees.
I retired at the age of 48 and instantly became bored!
Throughout my professional career I'd always enjoyed both writing and providing technical training. So, I attended creative writing classes at my local junior college and began to write.
I managed to write and self-publish a handful of books, but things didn't take off until my wife, Melanie Jackson, an established author with a New York company, left traditional publishing to join me in self-publishing.
In 8 years, from 2010 to now, Melanie and I have made half-a-million dollars self-publishing well over 100 books. I also managed to record a pair of audiobooks for Amazon and Audible sale.
By 2014, our rapid rise to Kindle fame had already dwindled. I decided to pursue my second passion of giving training presentations.
Since 2014 I've published over 40+ online video training courses for training sites such as Udemy and SkillShare. My goal is to provide low cost high quality screen cast based educational material focusing on my areas of expertise; namely, self-publishing and book cover design using the GIMP. I continue to expand my video training catalog while focusing some energy on resurrecting our flagging book sales using various marketing techniques. Finally, I spend a portion of my time maintaining both my website and my wife’s website, which was developed using WordPress.
I currently live in the beautiful California wine country with my lovely wife and Butterscotch the cat.
I'll see you in the classroom,
Brian Jackson 25 Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying 25 Brian Jackson courses for life.
Writing and Self-publishing Forever Bundle
Unlock this bundle today for life to learn writing and self-publishing on Uthena.