Using MVC, Entity Framework, and ASP.NET Scaffolding, we will go through building a small school management system while learning key concepts in ASP.NET MVC development. This course will show you how to leverage MVC's Scaffolding features to quickly construct data driven html pages and how to write queries to the database using .NET's famed Entity Framework with C#.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
Build a fully data driven web application
Understand the MVC Folder Structure
Add Data models to your project using Entity Framework
Write basic LINQ queries
Understand how Models, Views and Controllers combine to facilitate a web application
Understand Razor Syntax in views
Understand C# Model Classes
Understand how to add views and actions to a controller
Upload a project to GitHub
Manage Packages in an MVC Project
User JQuery and tools to increase interactivity and animations on the interface.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner .NET Developers seeking to explore modern website development methods
- Intermediate .Net Developers seeking more answers
- A Reliable Internet Connection
- A desire to learn
- Connect and Create a Database
- Drop or Remove Database
- Create an SQL Database Table
- Insert Data into the Table with SQL Script
- Insert Data into the Table with Workbench
- Select Data from the Table with SQL Script
- Select Data with Filters
- Update Data in the Table
- Delete Data from the Table
- Reverse Engineer Database into Model
- Forward Engineer Data Model into Database
- What are Relationships, Foreign Keys and Normalization
- Create Relationships with Data Modelling
- Create Relationships with Workbench Table Design Tool
- Insert Records in Related Tables
- Run Queries on Related Tables (Inner Joins)
- Left, Right and Cross Joins
- Grouping Data using SQL GROUP BY Clause
- SQL AVG Aggregate Function
- SQL COUNT Aggregate Function
- SQL MIN & MAX Aggregate Functions
- SQL SUM Aggregate Function
- Splitting Groups using HAVING Clause
Software Engineer and part time lecturer
I am a Software Engineer and part time lecturer.
With a Master's Degree in Computer Science, I have spent over a decade teaching Web, Software and Database Development Courses. I also have as much industry experience in Web Application Development and Azure Cloud System and Server Administration.
I enjoy teaching IT and Development courses and hope to impart the latest in industry standards and knowledge to my students.
Trevoir Williams Forever All Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying every Trevoir Williams course for life including every course uploaded so far and all future courses!