In this course I'll teach you how to self-publish a children's book in Kindle eBook and Print on Demand (POD) paperback format and how to place your book on sale on Amazon alongside the greats like Rowlings, Dahl and E. B White.
In this course you'll learn to:
- Use Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 to Layout Your Picture Book
- Use Kindle Kid's Book Creator to Annotate Your eBook with Pop-up Text
- Use Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) to Publish Your Picture Book on Amazon
- Use CreateSpace to Publish Your Print on Demand (POD) Paperback on Amazon
There is more, but the rest is in the course...
*** Updated 7/2017 with extensive information on Illustrating a Children's book in PowerPoint ***
So, if you're ready to pull your words and illustrations together to tell your story, I'm ready to show you how to share your story with the world.
What Students Will Learn:
- Format your children's book using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Annotate your children's book with pop-up text boxes using Kindle Kid's Book Creator
- Publish your children's book in eBook format on Amazon
- Publish your children's book in Print on Demand (POD) paperback format on CreateSpace
- Students will need to know how to write a children's book
- Students will need to know how to draw their own illustrations should you choose that option
- Anyone interested in saving a lot of money by publishing their own children's books
- Anyone who is lost... uncertain how to proceed... who needs a helping hand :-).
- Where to Find Free and Inexpensive Images FREE PREVIEW
- "Roscoe Goes Swimming" in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint Bootcamp I
- PowerPoint Bootcamp II
- Draw Any Shape in PowerPoint
- Drawing and Correcting Freeform Shapes
- Drawing Curves in PowerPoint
- Sources of Free Images
- Outlining Images Using PowerPoint Vector Graphic Shapes
- Shape Solid Fills, Gradients and Outlines
- Grouping Objects
- Installing the Kindle Kid's Book Creator
- Using the Kindle Kid's Book Creator to Generate Your Picture Book
- Kindle Select
- KDP: Your Book
- KDP: Rights & Pricing
- KDP: Monitoring Sales and Modifying a Book
- Addendum: Creating a Paperback Book Cover in KDP
- Using PowerPoint to Format Your Book for CreateSpace
- Using CreateSpace to Publish Your Book
- CreateSpace: Monitoring Sales and Modifying a Book
- Using Free Google Slides in place of Paid Microsoft PowerPoint
- What Now?
Author, Publisher and Educator
I was born the middle of the last century in Los Angeles, California.
After moving for a time to the Silicon Valley, I graduated from Humboldt State University amid the redwoods of Northern California.
Two weeks after graduation I was working as a computer systems programmer for Lockheed Missiles and Space (LMSC) back in the Silicon Valley. Two months after that and I was married as I have been happily ever since (for 38 years).
After 14 years at Lockheed I moved from working on IBM mainframes to using PCs running the Unix operating system and encountered a thing called the Internet. Cisco Systems seemed to be the right place to work, so I joined the company as their 650th employee. Eleven years later Cisco had grown to over 20,000 employees.
I retired at the age of 48 and instantly became bored!
Throughout my professional career I'd always enjoyed both writing and providing technical training. So, I attended creative writing classes at my local junior college and began to write.
I managed to write and self-publish a handful of books, but things didn't take off until my wife, Melanie Jackson, an established author with a New York company, left traditional publishing to join me in self-publishing.
In 8 years, from 2010 to now, Melanie and I have made half-a-million dollars self-publishing well over 100 books. I also managed to record a pair of audiobooks for Amazon and Audible sale.
By 2014, our rapid rise to Kindle fame had already dwindled. I decided to pursue my second passion of giving training presentations.
Since 2014 I've published over 40+ online video training courses for training sites such as Udemy and SkillShare. My goal is to provide low cost high quality screen cast based educational material focusing on my areas of expertise; namely, self-publishing and book cover design using the GIMP. I continue to expand my video training catalog while focusing some energy on resurrecting our flagging book sales using various marketing techniques. Finally, I spend a portion of my time maintaining both my website and my wife’s website, which was developed using WordPress.
I currently live in the beautiful California wine country with my lovely wife and Butterscotch the cat.
I'll see you in the classroom,
Brian Jackson 25 Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying 25 Brian Jackson courses for life.
Writing and Self-publishing Forever Bundle
Unlock this bundle today for life to learn writing and self-publishing on Uthena.