Make Your Web Page Shine
If you've always wanted to snazz up your web pages with some fancy graphics but couldn't afford the software licensing fees, image costs, or consulting service expenses, then let me show you how to get the project done simply and with little or no expense. This course combines the free GIMP image editor with a free HTML aware text editor to show you how to produce professional looking web pages on a budget.
Create Free and Inexpensive Web Graphics
In this course I'll teach you how to use the free Gnu Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) to produce stunning web graphics on a PC or a Mac. Learn to produce common web graphics such as bullets, logos, banners, separators, and buttons. Learn where to find free and inexpensive images on the Internet.
Display It All on Your Web Page
In the second half of the course I'll show you how to use HTML and a browser to display and animate those images. Learn to use table and div tags to position graphics and text on the screen in order to lay out entire web pages. Learn how to use mouse events to make pages react to the user’s actions.
It’s the Ultimate Web Graphics Course
The course begins simply enough with how to install the GIMP and then includes suggestions on selecting a user friendly HTML language editor. It ultimately leads you step-by-step through how to create each graphical element in the course and how to display those elements on a web page.
This Course Is Not For The Absolute Beginner
This course assumes a glancing familiarity with the GIMP and HTML. This is effectively an intermediate course on both topics. If you’re ready, come with me on a graphical journey of discovery.
What Students Will Learn:
- Learn to use the GIMP to create free and inexpensive web graphics
- Learn to use an HTML editor to add your graphics to a web page
- A PC or a Mac
- A standards based web browser
- A glancing familiarity with the GIMP and HTML.
- Web page administrators who would like to learn how to improve the pages they maintain through the use of graphics
- Graphics developers who would like to learn how to embed their graphics into an HTML web page
- Creating 3D Sphere's and Bullets
- Obtaining Free and Inexpensive Images
- Cutting Out Images
- Image Manipulation
- Creating Graphical Horizontal Rules and Separators Pt. 1
- Creating Graphical Horizontal Rules and Separators Pt. 2
- Creating Graphical Horizontal Rules and Separators Pt. 3
- Touching Up Photos and Adding Effects
- Creating Banners Pt. 1
- Creating Banners Pt. 2
- Creating Company Logos
- Creating Banners and Overlaying Images Pt. 1
- Writing Well Formed HTML
- Inserting Images Using the HTML "img" Tag
- Creating Banners and Overlaying Images Pt. 2 ("div" Tag Positioning)
- Review of "table" Tag Based Positioning
- An Introduction to CSS
- Using Background Images
- Creating Image Maps
- Creating Button Effects
- Introduction to WordPress and HTML
- Where You Can Place HTML in Wordpress
- Enabling Text or HTML Mode While Editing Posts and Pages
- Creating Pure HTML Pages in WordPress
- Wordpress HTML Highlighter Options
- WordPress and HTML Section WorkShop
- WordPress and HTML Section Project
- Conclusion to WordPress and HTML
- Course Wrap-up and What Now
Author, Publisher and Educator
I was born the middle of the last century in Los Angeles, California.
After moving for a time to the Silicon Valley, I graduated from Humboldt State University amid the redwoods of Northern California.
Two weeks after graduation I was working as a computer systems programmer for Lockheed Missiles and Space (LMSC) back in the Silicon Valley. Two months after that and I was married as I have been happily ever since (for 38 years).
After 14 years at Lockheed I moved from working on IBM mainframes to using PCs running the Unix operating system and encountered a thing called the Internet. Cisco Systems seemed to be the right place to work, so I joined the company as their 650th employee. Eleven years later Cisco had grown to over 20,000 employees.
I retired at the age of 48 and instantly became bored!
Throughout my professional career I'd always enjoyed both writing and providing technical training. So, I attended creative writing classes at my local junior college and began to write.
I managed to write and self-publish a handful of books, but things didn't take off until my wife, Melanie Jackson, an established author with a New York company, left traditional publishing to join me in self-publishing.
In 8 years, from 2010 to now, Melanie and I have made half-a-million dollars self-publishing well over 100 books. I also managed to record a pair of audiobooks for Amazon and Audible sale.
By 2014, our rapid rise to Kindle fame had already dwindled. I decided to pursue my second passion of giving training presentations.
Since 2014 I've published over 40+ online video training courses for training sites such as Udemy and SkillShare. My goal is to provide low cost high quality screen cast based educational material focusing on my areas of expertise; namely, self-publishing and book cover design using the GIMP. I continue to expand my video training catalog while focusing some energy on resurrecting our flagging book sales using various marketing techniques. Finally, I spend a portion of my time maintaining both my website and my wife’s website, which was developed using WordPress.
I currently live in the beautiful California wine country with my lovely wife and Butterscotch the cat.
I'll see you in the classroom,
Brian Jackson 25 Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying 25 Brian Jackson courses for life.
GNU Image Manipulation (GIMP-Blender) Forever Bundle
Unlock this bundle today for life to learn GNU image manipulation (GIMP) on Uthena.