In this course, you will learn to become aware of your body, emotions, and language so you can choose and control how they impact the way you converse with others and interact with the world around you.
This course explores the intention (or purpose) of conversation. The way we can become effective communicators is to learn what it is we're actually saying. When we know what we're saying, then we understand how we see the world.
To put it another way: we can choose to engage in full, rich, satisfying conversations with others through understanding language use and how our word selection reflects our perception of and expectation from human interactions.
We learn how to improve communication skills through the six speech acts:
Through practice, we become skilled at conversation with our networks, bosses, colleagues, teams, friends, and loved ones.
By the end of this course, you'll understand how the actions you take in your life – based on the Ontological Methods you learn in the course videos and materials – can lead to new perspectives, great conversations, and increased opportunities for positive human connection.
What Is Ontological Coaching?
Ontology, as taught by the Newfield Network, is the knowledge of how you are "being" in the world through your body/movement, thoughts/emotions, and language. Your body, thoughts and language are all interrelated. When you change one of these three components, you cause the other two to change or shift – for better or worse.
Ontology affects your conversations and their outcomes at work, home, and play. Conversation is more than talk; it's about how we move our bodies, feel and interpret emotions, and choose our words.
Take Action & Enroll
Enroll now, make the commitment and jump straight into the course right now. I know this course will revolutionize the way you look at language!
See you on the inside and check out the preview videos to see what value you'll be getting!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you are looking to improve your communication skills in your career, or with your family, or in your community.
- This course is intended to help you explore and develop a new framework of understanding and connect it to deeper meaning and purpose in your conversations.
- Learning to improve your communication skills will help you to understand what kinds of conversations you are in and to take control of them.
- This course is designed for life coaches, leadership coaches and executive coaches who wish to learn in a new domain of competency.
- Be curious about communication.
- Allow yourself to be a learner and possibly a beginner.
What you'll learn:
- Establish a new framework of understanding regarding communication.
- Understand the role of the body, emotions and language to improve communication skills.
- Learn about the 5 body dispositions and their associated postures, breathing pattern, story and emotion.
- Know about the six Speech Acts.
- Know about how Requests, Offers and Promises are related.
- Notice the difference between Assertions (facts) and Assessments (opinions).
- Learn when and how to make effective Declarations.
- Learn about Ontological Methods for effective communication.
- Understand Ontological Methods and models (e.g. B-E-L model and O-A-R model) for effective communication.
- Effective Communication FREE PREVIEW
- [PDF ] FAQ: How To Get The Most From This Course And Other Technical Tidbits
- Learning & Language
- Ontological Learning
- 400 Years Ago...
- The Human Being
- Phenomenon Of Language
- Introducing Speech Acts
- Introducing Requests, Offers & Promises
- Elements Of Effective Requests & Offers
- Wrapping Up Requests, Offers & Promises
- Introducing Assertions, Assessments & Declarations
- Wrapping Up Assertions, Assessments & Declarations
- Moods & Emotions
- Wrapping Up Emotions
- Introducing "The Body"
- 5 Body Dispositions
- Centre - MP3
- Resolution - MP3
- Stability - MP3
- Flexibility - MP3
- Openness - MP3
- Wrapping Up Body Dispositions
- BONUS: The Observer We Are
- BONUS: Interview With "Career Confidence Coach" Martina Payette
- [TRANSCRIPT] Interview with “Career Confidence Coach” Martina Payette
- [TRANSCRIPT] Section 1 - Introduction
- [TRANSCRIPT] Section 2 - Speech Acts Part 1
- [TRANSCRIPT] Section 3 - Speech Acts Part 2
- [TRANSCRIPT] Section 4 - Emotions
- [TRANSCRIPT] Section 5 - Body Dispositions
- [BONUS] An Invitation To Work With Me, Your Leadership Life Coach
Teacher, Leadership Life Coach, Jyotiṣa
Are You Driven By Curiosity?
❖ What new skills do you want to learn?
❖ How do you express your creativity?
❖ How do you become an observer of yourself?
❖ What do you need to do to improve yourself?
❖ What changes do you need to adopt to enliven your spirit?
These are just a few of the questions that I explore with students and learners just like you.
I strongly believe in 3 key ideas: #1) Education - learn about what matters to you; #2) Coaching - practice and embody that learning; and #3) Leadership - show up "fully and in presence" with others.
❖ Clifton StrengthsFinder(tm) Top 5: Intellection; Connectedness; Input; Strategic; Learner
❖ MBTI Assessment: INFJ; Foresight, developing, guiding, inspiring
Leadership Life Coach
I am a Leadership Life Coach specializing in Ontological Coaching methods. I work with you to create a fulfilling life and career for yourself.
❖ Foundations For Personal Transformation Coach Training
❖ The Art And Practice Of Coaching
❖ Body And Movement Program - Advanced Coach Training Program
Ontological Coaching is based deeply in embracing a person's individuality. In reaching your goals and desires you have a unique and different approach to life.
Instead of obsessively focusing on developing traits, ontological coaching shows you how to use your existing strengths to achieve your goals.
Thushyanthan A. Forever All Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying every Thushyanthan A. course for life including every course uploaded so far and all future courses!