Learn why you need to register your business with the state, how to decide on what business entity to choose (LLC, S corp, C corp or something else), how to protect your intellectual property, basic employment laws, online privacy issues and much more.
You will also learn how to hire a good business lawyer to help you when you will need legal help.
As an entrepreneur, at one point or another, you will need to hire a lawyer. You will also have to understand many of the business law basics like issues with business registration, liability protection, entity types and more. This course will teach you all that and much more!
Disclaimer: this course is for US law only.
Still Wondering If This Business Law Online Course Is Right For You? There Is No Risk To Try
Every Uthena course comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. So if you don't get what you hoped out of this business law online course, you can get a full refund. But I am sure you will love the course, so go ahead, sign up, and start learning about business law concerning your company, starting today.
Why Do You Need A Business Law Online Course?
Every new entrepreneur should take this business law online course to become familiar with basic business law that they will need to understand when they start their business. This course will explain how to form your company, how to protect your intellectual property, legal issues associated with hiring and firing employees, and much more.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for entrepreneurs and small business owners
- This course is for people who needs to understand business law basics
- This course is for United States law only
- Please have enough English skills because this course has no translations or subtitles
What you'll learn:
- understand basics of business registration
- understand Internet privacy
- understand use of social media at work and home and how it pertains to employment
- understand how to protect your intellectual property
- Be able to determine whether your business should be an LLC, S corp, C corp, or a non profit
- Know how to hire a good lawyer when you need one
- Research a lawyer's disciplinary ethics background
- Know the difference between a patent, trademark and a copyright, and be able to determine when each is needed
- Understand legal issues surrounding Internet privacy
- Understand laws about hiring and firing employees and contractors, and what you can be fired or let go for as an employee
- Company formation section introduction FREE PREVIEW
- Difference between a partnership vs. shareholders vs. members
- Member agreement vs. partnership agreement vs. shareholder agreement
- What if a partner or member or shareholder wants to quit?
- Delaware registration: registering your business in Delaware vs. your own state
- Different types of business insurance & how to decide if you should buy it
- How to dissolve a company if you need to close it
- How to decide what business entity is right for you
- Business bank account and maintaining other business formalities
- Difference between an LLC and a corporation
- What is a nonprofit?
- Difference between a nonprofit and a for profit
- How to hire a good lawyer section introduction
- Different kinds of lawyers you can hire
- What kind of lawyer do you need when you are just starting your business
- Websites for looking up and finding lawyers
- How much should you pay & how do you know if you are getting a good deal?
- Hiring a single lawyer vs. going with a legal firm
- Which credentials matter when looking for a lawyer
- How to research a lawyers's disciplinary and ethics background
- DIY (do it yourself options) - how to best use them and are they viable?
- Hiring tips from Alex on how to find a lawyer that will be a good match for you
- Patent section introduction
- Alex's case study of dealing with patents
- What kinds of things can you patent
- Patents within your overall business strategy
- Client case study with patents #1
- Client case study with patents #2
- Examples of how big companies use patents
- Section introduction
- Can you get fired from work for posting on social media when you are not at work
- Prohibited reasons for which you can't be fired or let go from work
- Understand: we may not be able to fully delete something after posting it online
- How much should you realistically restrict your social media activities
- When employers can't fire you if you are using their equipment for personal use
- What does the law consider to be private and not
- Internet privacy, NSA and Edward Snowden
- Section introduction
- What to consider when deciding to hire employees vs. contractors
- What is a cease and desist letter & what to do if you get one
- Is it bad or risky to represent yourself in court?
- How to minimize/decrease the risk of being sued
- Which law applies
- What should a typical website terms of service say
Business coach, teaching business, entrepreneurship,
SEO marketing, eCommerce
3-time best selling Amazon author with some of my books used in universities and high schools across the country.
- 10+ years in entrepreneurship
- 10+ years in SEO and marketing
- Coached over 1,000 entrepreneurs
When you enroll in my courses, you get:
- Personal care and attention: I host regular office hours for my students and reply to 99% of student questions within 24 hours and my goal is to reply within 1 hour.
- Instructor with deep expertise, proven success and knowledge that is both theoretical and practical.
I care deeply about student success, and I am committed to it. I go out of my way to help students in my courses succeed at whatever they are working on, whether it is planning, starting or growing your business.
More about me:
I am also the creator of top entrepreneur mobile apps with 2,000,000+ downloads, host of a popular business and marketing channel on YouTube with 2,000,000+ views, successful affiliate marketer, serial entrepreneur in many other fields.
I have a BS in Computer Science from SJSU, and after working as a software engineer, I wanted to take a bigger role in the businesses I worked in, and that is how I got into business and marketing. Today, I am one of the top online marketers and a successful entrepreneur.
What I am interested in now when it comes to business:
Personally, I am a personal productivity and emotional intelligence geek. I geek out on things like motivation, building healthy habits and creativity.
Some of my own favorite topics that I teach:
I have seen any of my students succeed in Amazon eCommerce. Selling on Amazon can be very lucrative and I love seeing my students do well.
I also teach many SEO topics that I myself use all the time. They include link-building, keyword research and using other sites like YouTube, Amazon, and even freelancing sites like Fiverr as search engines to get discovered when people are searching.
My interests outside business and entrepreneurship:
I like playing soccer, chess, dabbling in philosophy, lots of different music (one of my dreams is to start writing songs and poetry for them), and I am always daydreaming of finally getting a dog (a rescue from a shelter, of course). I am also trying to become vegan, albeit with moderate success so far.
Alex Genadinik Forever All Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying every Alex Genadinik course for life including every course uploaded so far and all future courses!