- Introduction to Linux. FREE PREVIEW
- Linux distributions explained.
- VirtualBox installation and virtual machine setup.
- Ubuntu Linux installation in a virtual machine.
- Ubuntu Linux setup in a virtual machine continued.
- First boot-up into Linux.
- VirtualBox Guest Additions
- Ubuntu desktop customization.
- Unity Tweak Tool.
- Installing Linux alongside Windows (dual boot).
- Dual boot setup continued.
- Introduction to the Linux command line interface (CLI).
- Navigating directories with the ls command.
- Administrator privileges in terminal.
- Using the package manager to install new applications.
- Searching through the repositories to find new applications to download.
- Installing packages which are not located in the repositores.
- Keeping programs updated via terminal.
- File permissions and ownership explained.
- File permissions and ownership continued.
- Creating new files using the touch command.
- Creating new directories and moving files.
- Copying, renaming and removing files.
- The find command and it's practical uses.
- The find command and it's practical uses continued.
- Find command final thoughts.
- Using the grep command to find information within files.
- Using grep in conjunction with the find command.
- How to redirect the output of a command.
- Using the top command to view applications in real time.
- Viewing the entire list of open processes and closing applications via terminal.
- Services explained.
- Configuring services via terminal.
- Using crontabs to schedule tasks.
- Crontab practical applications.
- Choosing an integrated development environment (IDE).
- Eclipse installation and setup.
- PyCharm installation and setup.
- PyCharm installation problem resolved.
- GitHub installation and how to setup a repository.
- How to push and pull information from our repository.
- How to remove and ignore directories in our repository.
- How to resolve merge conflicts.
- How to setup and manage branches.
- Correction from previous lecture.
- Getting started with Meteor.
- Setting up our Meteor project.
- Setting up our router and React components.
- Watch as our Meteor project begins to take form!
- Getting into the programming of our Meteor app.
- Rendering our blog posts.
- Putting the finishing touches on our Meteor app.
- Apache 2, PHP 5 and MySQL setup.
- Server configuration.
- Linux hosts file.
- Deploying our Meteor to our Apache 2 server.
- Setting up our MongoDB NoSQL database.
- Setting up our virtual host.
- Using a shell script to set our environment variables.
- Installing and configuring phpMyAdmin.
- Let's take a tour around the phpMyAdmin panel.
- Creating a basic virtual host.
- Setting up a WordPress installation on top of our Apache 2 environment.
- Before using WordPress we need to setup our database.
- Python installation and command line interface.
- Python's practical applications.
- Adding and removing users through the graphical user interface (GUI).
- Adding new users through terminal.
- How to delete users through terminal.
- How to change an exsisting user's password.
- Adding users to a group and why this is valuable.
- Introduction to networking.
- How does the internet work?
- What is a local area network?
- Practical networking commands.
- Practical networking commands continued.
- Using netstat to track detailed network statistics.
- An in-depth look at the Linux hosts file.
- Linux hosts file continued.
- Using traceroute to track the servers a request passes through.
- Using network mapper to track the activity on your network.
- Network mapper continued.
- Using SSH to access the command line of a remote host.
- Using SFTP to transfer files to and from machines.
- Setting up an SSH host on our local machine.
- Using the man command to learn about the programs on your machine.
JTDigital Courses Forever Bundle!
This bundle includes every technology course listed on the website by Joseph Delgadillo, Jerry Banfield, Nick Germaine and Ermin Kreponic! You will receive new courses as we publish them after a one time payment of $49.99!