Web development basics with HTML
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
We will work on 3 class projects throughout this course:
Simple text site - We will use what we learned in the HTML sections to create a simple text site. This project will help you learn HTML structure and the essential elements.
Fallout inspired Pip-Boy - We will take what we learned in the CSS and Bootstrap sections of the course to code a Pip-Boy from the game Fallout. This project will help you learn the design elements of modern web development.
This course covers the most popular web development frameworks, and will get you started on your path towards becoming a full-stack web developer!
Still not sold? Check out a few of the awesome reviews this course has received!
"Excellent Course! Highly Recommend It! Such a great hands on experience with this course."
"Very nice course, covers all the stuff you need, good voice and good explanation makes it perfect for people that are new to HTML. Also there's some best practices recommendations which are useful even for advanced developers."
"Excellence in giving the optimal set of tools for web development beginners seeking a well-rounded start for professional web development."
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and we hope to see you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who would like to learn front-end web development
- No previous development experience required
- Access to various open-source (free) software.
What you'll learn:
- Build a simple HTML text site
- Style web pages using CSS
- Build a Pipboy using Bootstrap
- Build and publish a Google Chrome Extension
- Radio buttons
- Select, option and buttons
- HTML5 videos
- HTML5 audio
- Meta tags
- Targeting color and background
- Element specificity
- ID targeting, margin, and border
- Padding, margin and float
- Max-width and background-image
- Switching over to an IDE
- Font weight, style and family
- Text decorations
- Text spacing
- Text decoration modification
- Text shadow
- Border radius
- Viewpoint width and height, overflowing content
- Transition property
- Alerts and console logging
- Integers, strings and variables
- Undefined variables and modifying values of variables
- Boolean operators
- Comparing values
- If statements
- For loops
- Defining functions
- Event handling
- Setting an elements innerHTML
- Arrays part 1
- Arrays part 2
- Arrays part 3
- Textareas and getting the values of inputs
- Functions - parameters and return values
- Multiple parameters in functions
- Flexible function parameters
- Exercise - find the missing number
- Exercise solution
- Classes explained
- Class constructor, instance variables and static variables
- Extending classes
- jQuery setup
- Targeting elements
- Event handling
- Dropdown menus
- Making our dropdown disappear
- Multiple targets, events and attr method
- Prepend, append and html
- event.which and switch properties
- Custom context menu, pageY and pageX
- is method
- Writing our own version of jQuery
- Find method
- First and last
- Focusin and focusout
- Contains, is and hasClass
- Each method
- Bootstrap setup
- Navbar part 1
- Navbar part 2
- Forms part 1
- Forms part 2
- Main page
- Pipboy image and footer
- Font and styling main nav
- Navigation styling
- Progress bars
- Stat bars
- Footer fixes
- Damage and resistance
- Inventory template
- Item list
- Weapon stat container
- Problem solving
- Manifest files
- Basic setup
- Getting video URLs
- Getting pretty objects for each URL
- Creating download options list
- Communicating between the page and extension
- Chrome downloads API and background scripts
- Receiving messages and downloading files
- Styling our extension and publishing
- Tips for getting started as a freelance web developer
The digital age is upon us. Would you like to build/protect the systems that shape our future?
I am here on Uthena to produce valuable educational resources for students who wish to learn skills related to information technology, network security, programming languages and much more. Enroll in one of my courses for a practical, down to earth approach to learning.
JTDigital Courses Forever Bundle!
This bundle includes every technology course listed on the website by Joseph Delgadillo, Jerry Banfield, Nick Germaine and Ermin Kreponic! You will receive new courses as we publish them after a one time payment!