In this philosophy of religion course you will learn about the philosophy of religion, which is a branch of philosophy (not theology) that focuses on using rational understand to comprehend various religious phenomenons and beliefs.
How Is This Philosophy Course Structured?
In the course I present the leading opinions about religion from the top philosophers from the last 2000 years. I cover philosophers starting from Socrates to modern existential and nihilistic views on philosophy, and the evolution of religion from ancient times to the present. I equally present the rationalizations and proofs of God as well as reasons not to believe in God. I also point out when politics takes over, and how to make the distinction, and not let politics take over.
The course is 100% objective. At rare times I offer my own opinions, but I always try to give both sides of arguments by philosophers on both sides of the issues I present.
Additionally, I NEVER single out any religion or ANY group of people. My goal for this philosophy of religion course was to present it as objectively as possible, and let you decide on your eventual beliefs. I just introduce philosophy of religion approximately as it would be taught in an undergraduate philosophy of religion course.
You Will Get Introduced To New Ideas And Perspectives
Religion is as prevalent and widespread in the world today as it has ever been. I feel that you will find this philosophy of religion course enlightening and thought provoking. I welcome and encourage you to take the course. It will give you a number of perspectives and arguments from which to view spirituality and religion in a new light.
No Risk To Take This Philosophy Course
Every course comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, and so does this philosophy course. So there is no risk to take this philosophy course. If you find that you don't like the course, just get your money back. But I am confident that you will find the course interesting!
Is This A Philosophy Course Or A Religion Course?
This is first and foremost a philosophy course. This course examines the opinions of the major philosophers (not theologists) about religion.
Why Is A Philosophy Course Like This Needed Or Interesting For Today's Audience?
Today, religion is politicized more than ever. It is also endlessly skewed by the media. This is why in this course, we go back to basics, and examine what the smartest people in history had to say about religion.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people interested in religion
- This course is for people who are interested in philosophy
- This course is for people who are open minded about religious views
- People interested in spirituality
- Fluent English skills to follow the course
- Curiosity about the philosophy of religion
What you'll learn:
- Think critically about where any religious thought of belief is coming from
- Know the 5 proofs of God's existence and the reasons to be skeptical
- Have a new historical perspective on religion
- Understand when something is spirituality vs. religion vs. politics vs. manipulation so you don't fall into the wrong or misguided traps
- Know almost every important philosopher's perspective on religion for the past 2,500 years
- Be more worldly in your understanding of religious ideas and how they fit into modern thought
- Theory of knowledge (Epistemology): how to we KNOW that God exists?
- Rene Descartes: I think therefore I am
- Genealogy (how it come about) of religion according to Friedrich Nietzsche
- Nietzsche: God is dead and man killed him!
- Nihilism: the earth and universe will keep spinning without you
- Section introduction
- Intelligent design argument
- Ontological argument: god is perfect therefore he must exist
- Cosmological argument: God is first cause of everything
- Pascal's Wager!
- Kant's proof
- Carl Marx
- Soren Kierkegaard
- Friedrich Nietzsche
- Education + science leading to abandoning of religion
- Evolutionary psychology --> political religion --> ANTI-RELIGION & HATE
- Negative human nature: In history, every group of people have been bad
- Origins or religious hate: how governments misuse and take advantage of religion
- Is religion the book or the people who make up the religion: our responsibility
- Bob Marley's take on things :)
Business coach, teaching business, entrepreneurship,
SEO marketing, eCommerce
3-time best selling Amazon author with some of my books used in universities and high schools across the country.
- 10+ years in entrepreneurship
- 10+ years in SEO and marketing
- Coached over 1,000 entrepreneurs
When you enroll in my courses, you get:
- Personal care and attention: I host regular office hours for my students and reply to 99% of student questions within 24 hours and my goal is to reply within 1 hour.
- Instructor with deep expertise, proven success and knowledge that is both theoretical and practical.
I care deeply about student success, and I am committed to it. I go out of my way to help students in my courses succeed at whatever they are working on, whether it is planning, starting or growing your business.
More about me:
I am also the creator of top entrepreneur mobile apps with 2,000,000+ downloads, host of a popular business and marketing channel on YouTube with 2,000,000+ views, successful affiliate marketer, serial entrepreneur in many other fields.
I have a BS in Computer Science from SJSU, and after working as a software engineer, I wanted to take a bigger role in the businesses I worked in, and that is how I got into business and marketing. Today, I am one of the top online marketers and a successful entrepreneur.
What I am interested in now when it comes to business:
Personally, I am a personal productivity and emotional intelligence geek. I geek out on things like motivation, building healthy habits and creativity.
Some of my own favorite topics that I teach:
I have seen any of my students succeed in Amazon eCommerce. Selling on Amazon can be very lucrative and I love seeing my students do well.
I also teach many SEO topics that I myself use all the time. They include link-building, keyword research and using other sites like YouTube, Amazon, and even freelancing sites like Fiverr as search engines to get discovered when people are searching.
My interests outside business and entrepreneurship:
I like playing soccer, chess, dabbling in philosophy, lots of different music (one of my dreams is to start writing songs and poetry for them), and I am always daydreaming of finally getting a dog (a rescue from a shelter, of course). I am also trying to become vegan, albeit with moderate success so far.
Alex Genadinik Forever All Course Bundle
Unlock this bundle today to start enjoying every Alex Genadinik course for life including every course uploaded so far and all future courses!