You can use this course immediately to inspire your learning with Red Hat Linux and your preparation for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam (RHCSA)! Ask any question you have about CentOS, Red Hat Linux, or the RHCSA and get an answer quickly! Watch the promo video to see what kind of learning experience you can expect in the course!
Whether you have no experience with Red Hat Linux or any other type of Linux operating system, you can count on this course to get you started with the basics and show you what to do all the way into the advanced material. You get to see immediately why Linux is worth learning and using. Next, a basic familiarization with the graphic user interface leaves you feeling like you know your way around. Then, into the file system navigation and command lines. Finally, you experience the packet manager and are ready to dive deeper into the material!
If you are a veteran already at Red Hat Linux and want to continue your Red Hat Linux certification training, you will get the essentials for the exam delivered through three chapters explaining the key functions and highlighting what you need to know for the test. The key with passing any exam is simply effort. This course gives you another excellent resource to use along with your existing study materials to make sure you pass the RHCSA exam!
Thank you for reading this! Ermin and I look forward to serving you as a student in our course! Click take this course now to get lifetime access!
** Ermin Kreponic has no affiliation with Red Hat, Inc. The Red Hat and CentOS trademarks are used for identification purposes only and are not intended to indicate affiliation with or approval by Red Hat, Inc. **
Who this course is for:
- Students preparing for the RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
- Network administrators seeking knowledge about Red Hat Linux.
- Existing Red Hat Linux users considering taking the RHCSA.
- Freelancers familiar with Linux hoping to add a new skill to an Upwork or other freelancing profile.
- Linux users wanting to learn Red Hat.
- Managers supervising network administrators and wanting a greater technical understanding of work in Red Hat Linux.
- LinkedIn users hoping to make a profile headline that will attract excellent job offers.
- Network administrators hoping to land a better job using knowledge of Red Hat Linux.
- Download CentOS or have an existing subscription to Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Maintain a computer capable of running CentOS and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
What you'll learn:
- Learn the basics of CentOS and Red Hat Linux fast!
- Get questions answered about CentOS, Red Hat Linux, and the RHCSA.
- Find work on Upwork and other freelancing websites at $15 to $35+ per hour using the skills you learn in this course!
- Pass the RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
- Understand the basic functions of the Red Hat Linux operating system.
- Create a Red Hat virtual machine on a Windows computer.
- Dual boot Red Hat and another operating system.
- Feel comfortable in the Linux graphical user interface (GUI) .
- Know how to use the Yum packet manager and the Rpm package manager.
- Downloading, installing and configuring VirtualBox on Windows FREE PREVIEW
- Create a Red Hat virtual machine part 1
- Create a Red Hat virtual machine part 2
- Create a Red Hat virtual machine part 3
- How to dual boot Red Hat and Windows part 1
- How to dual boot Red Hat and Windows part 2
- Basic familiarization with Linux Graphical user interface part 1
- Basic familiarization with Linux Graphical user interface part 2
- File system navigation commands ls, cd, pwd part 1
- File system navigation commands ls, cd, pwd part 2
- Finding files commands find, locate, updatedb, man
- File and folder ownership and permissions commands chown, chmod part 1
- File and folder ownership and permissions commands chown, chmod part 2
- Move, delete and copy files commands mv, rm, cp
- Commands grep, pipe, echo, cat
- Yum packet manager part 1
- Yum packet manager part 2
- Rpm packet manager
- What does the RedHat Certified System Administrator exam include?
- Globbing (wildcards) part 1 - getting files fast without the entire name
- Globbing (wildcards) part 2
- I/O Redirection part 1 - input and output redirection with standard input/output
- I/O Redirection part 2 - redirect standard error to standard output or command
- I/O Redirection part 3 - for redirecting standard error in more depth
- Vim text editor part 1 - how to do text editing and use text editors
- Vim text editor part 2 - making changes in the Vim text editor
- Vim text editor part 3 - how to search for text within a file
- Vim text editor part 4
- Vim text editor part 5 - combining commands together to build new files
- Linux file system explained where all files are in the root directory
- Hard and soft links in the Linux file system
- Backups, recovery, and compression in Linux part 1 introduction and use
- Backups part 2 - how to uncompress files and restore backed up files
- Backups, recovery, and compression part 3 - more about tar
- Automating tasks with cron part 1 - meet the crontab and schedule tasks
- Automating tasks with cron part 2 - creating a cron job and bash script
- Automating tasks with cron part 3 - commenting out a line and making notes
- Automating tasks with cron part 4 - more about crontabs
- User properties and where are they stored on the system
- Creating a user
- Creating groups and assigning users to them
- Intro to network interfaces
- Network manager
- Network manager and network configuration part 2 + some troubleshooting tools
- Installing and configuring SSH server part 1
- Installing and configuring SSH server part 2
- SSH passwordless login and SCP (secure copying of files between hosts)
- Partitioning and file systems
- Partitioning a new disk
- Formatting a partition using xfs file system
- Mounting the partitions
- Linux Volume Management (LVM) part 1
- Linux Volume Management (LVM) part 2
- Linux Volume Management (LVM) part 3
- Linux Volume Management (LVM) part 4
- Linux Volume Management (LVM) part 5
- LUKS part 1
- LUKS part 2
- How to install and configure a web server part 1
- How to install and configure a web server part 2
- How to install and configure an FTP server part 1
- How to install and configure an FTP server part 2
- How to install and configure VNC
- SELinux general talk part 1
- SELinux general talk part 2
- SELinux and Apache part 1
- SELinux and Apache part 2
- SELinux and Apache part 3
- SELinux and SSH
The digital age is upon us. Would you like to build/protect the systems that shape our future?
I am here on Uthena to produce valuable educational resources for students who wish to learn skills related to information technology, network security, programming languages and much more. Enroll in one of my courses for a practical, down to earth approach to learning.
JTDigital Courses Forever Bundle!
This bundle includes every technology course listed on the website by Joseph Delgadillo, Jerry Banfield, Nick Germaine and Ermin Kreponic! You will receive new courses as we publish them after a one time payment!